At a Glance : Getting Credit
2020 Ranking: 181
2019 Distance to Frontier Score*: 10.00 (unchanged from DB2019)
Regional Average (East Asia Pacific): 58.00
More information on Myanmar’s performance in Getting Credit - Click Here
* The distance to frontier (DTF) measure shows the distance of each economy to the “fron-tier,” which represents the best performance observed on each of the indicators across all economies in the Doing Business sample since 2005. An economy’s distance to frontier is reflected on a scale from 0 to 100, where 0 represents the lowest performance and 100 rep-resents the frontier. The ease of doing business ranking ranges from 1 to 190. (Source; World Bank)
The legal rights of borrowers and lenders with respect to secured transactions, specifically whether certain features that facilitate lending exist within the applicable collateral and bankruptcy laws.
The reporting of credit information, specifically the coverage, scope and accessibility of credit infor-mation available through credit reporting service providers such as credit bureaus or credit regis-tries.
Why does it matter?
- Reduced information asymmetries.
- Greater access to credit for small firms.
- Better borrower discipline.
- Support for bank supervision and credit risk monitoring.